Mustard seed is a common staple in the Indian diet. It's used in curries, stews, marinades, and many other things. The black variety is wonderful with chicken. What are some of it's health benefits?
1. It's high in selenium so it makes it a wonderful anti-inflammatory. Athletes definitely should be eating a little mustard seed each week.
2. It's also high in magnesium and thus will benefit people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, and heart disease.
3. It gives relief from migraine headaches.
4. It increase metabolism and helps with digestion.
5. It also improves appetite and helps menopausal women who struggle with insomnia.
All in all, a few Indian dishes in your diet will enhance your overall well being. The curries, vegetables, and other herbs found in Indian cooking will add to your health reservoir. Eat well and prosper!